Sunday, March 28, 2010

Frozen Yogurt

4 cups yogurt strained overnight (see Notes)
1 cup yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1 TB vanilla

Stir together until smooth. Freeze in an ice cream maker. Makes approximately 3.5 cups.

Notes:
To strain yogurt: Line a strainer with clean cheesecloth or muslin place over a dish small enough that there is room between the bottom of the strainer and the bowl. The bowl must be big enough that it can collect the whey that will drip from the yogurt. You will probably have about 1/2 as much whey by volume as the yogurt you start with.

This turned out thick and creamy, I was pleased with my first attempt at frozen yogurt. You could probably get away with less vanilla, but I'm a junkie and less sweetener (I chose sugar this time rather than honey as I will probably share with my 11 month old.)

No comments: