Saturday, February 16, 2008

Go Boobs!

I got the job as a breastfeeding peer counselor with the health department. It's about 8 hours a week. Most of it I can do from home: sending letters and making phone calls. I also get to teach some of the WIC education classes and do some home visits to help moms and babies have a good breastfeeding experience. I'm really excited to be able to do something I feel strongly about and get paid. I'm nervous too. I haven't had a real job in 4+ years and I'm not really willing to give up much time with my family. I hope that we can make it work. Today I'm supposed to shadow my first home visit. Yeah.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Congratulations!!! That is very cool and I think you will be great at it. Have fun!

Sara said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful! I know you will do an amazing job! Hooray for breastfeeding!

Meichelle said...

You will be such a great job doing this. You are THE perfect person for this job!
And yes, I did just make the recipe up. I mean, I know how to make Manicotti, but I didn't have anything that went into it, so I made it up :D...

Ivy & Mae said...

very cool Katherine