Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas is coming

Chad had yesterday off. The first Saturday since he started his new job. It's amazing the things that you take for granted until you don't have them. He was so precious to me to be able to spend a whole weekend with him! He's just the greatest. We spent most of the day shopping. We still have a lot to do before Christmas. I can't believe that it's so close. I'm so excited!!! Christmas is just the greatest. This year my whole family will be together at my parents, even my brother's girlfriend. I don't know when it will happen again. Yeah! I super duper heart her. :) I am so glad that my brothers have such great taste! My baby brother has been talking about going on a mission. I hope that he decides to go. His best friend's suicide really shook him and he's wavered more. He's such a great man, but I don't think he's so sure about that. Christmas Eve we're having a big dinner at Mom and Dad's. We're eating prime rib with all the fixin's and then we'll have cupcakes with candles so that we can sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus. That's one of my favorite family traditions. My dad gets so excited at Christmas. He reminds me a lot of the real Santa Claus. We helped him put together huge fruit baskets for his co-workers after dinner tonight. It's so much fun to help him with his Christmas projects! He's so generous! I love being around him at Christmas. He has this look in his eyes; it's a mixture of hope and childlike innocence. It's like the good all rises up and somehow he can't see the rest. My dad is just the greatest!

No comments: